Martha Who?

or...who really has it all, while keeping it all together?

Name:
Location: New England, United States

Monday, September 25, 2006

Turn Right at the Big Jesus

Just got back from taking a tour of the maternity ward of the hospital where we'll be delivering Baby Sister (6 weeks from today ay carumba). We had our choice of two hospitals a few months ago -- and, lured by glowing reviews from other parent friends, and the siren song promise of a private room with a view -- we chose the small downtown hospital over the biggest hospital in the state (which is only two blocks away from the first).

I sort of knew going into it that it was a Catholic-affiliated hospital. That was OK with me -- it is after all familiar and oft-blogged about territory. I've already made my peace with the fact that I will not be able to engage in spirited debate with my nurses about the promise of embryonic stem cell research, and I know I will not be getting any free samples of ortho tri-cyclen.

Which leaves me with only one misgiving - a trifling matter of giving directions. So to get it off my chest, here it is: If anyone wants to come visit me or BabySister at the birth center:

After parking, walk around the brick exterior of the hospital, until you come to the door with a big crucifix on it. Enter the hospital through this door, and then through the second door which is made up of a station of the cross immortalized in stained glass. Walk straight ahead toward the sign that says "Pastoral Care" and make a right at the giant Jesus statue. The Birthing Center is straight ahead.

If you get lost, don't worry -- one of the nuns will help you find you way.

###

1 Comments:

Blogger Bourgeois Deviant said...

You should totally start singing the "Nun" tunes from the Sound of Music whilst being wheeled in! That would be so hawt!

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home