Martha Who?

or...who really has it all, while keeping it all together?

Name:
Location: New England, United States

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Blessed Art Thou Among Women!

Three cheers to Jenn over at Yo Ambro! for answering the Meme call. Y'all are good sports.

Something on Jenn's list really hit home...

From Jenn's list:

"...6. I'm not a religious person, but when I'm feeling nervous about something, I will often say the Our Father and/or the Hail Mary over and over to myself to calm myself down.
..."

I do the SAME THING. And I end up having to bust my own repressed Catholic chops every time. For me it's all about the Hail Mary. EVERY TIME I am on a plane (which is often for work) I have to say three Hail Marys in a row as the plane is leaving the ground. I do it almost against my own will and then immediately psychoanalyze the act for ten minutes. Or at least until the drink cart rolls my way.

Why the Hail Mary? I have no idea. But it does make me feel better every time.

While I feel like a dork for participating in and sharing the Meme love, I have to say I have learned a lot about people, and I've been reassured as well that we all share many of the same idiosyncratic tendencies. Makes me feel a bit more human.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Two of the people I tagged have also posted, but they didn't tag anyone so this might be dying out. It was fun to do, I really had to think about what things I was willing to share with the general public but that most people wouldn't necessarily know about me. I think it ended up being a pretty quirky list. Anyway, it was fun so you shouldn't feel like a dork.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home