Martha Who?

or...who really has it all, while keeping it all together?

Name:
Location: New England, United States

Friday, January 20, 2006

Holly GoDarkly

I just finished Truman Capote's recently discovered last (first!) novel, Summer Crossing, and thought it was heartbreakingly wonderful in that Breakfast at at Tiffany's kind of way, except darker and more hopeless. I had to read the last page 5 times to make sure I understood what happened, and that I understood it was the end of the story and that there wouldn' t be any more pages coming after it.

I definitely hopped on the bandwagon in 2005 and had a Capote-assaince of my own. There are worse things to admit to, I suppose.

I'm now finally making my way through this David Sedaris book and thoroughly enjoying it as I have every other time I've tried to pick it up. I 'm not sure why I can't even just read it cover to cover...?

Next on my reading list is The March by E.L. Doctorow. My other half is 50 pages from the end. I'm literally starting at him waiting for him to finish. Ahh such is the excitement on a winter Friday night in the burbs. Glad I have a laptop and a new remote-control operated fireplace to kick back in front of. Nothing like the click of a button and the roar of a propane generated flame to get the party started.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh god. I WORSHIP David Sedaris. I laughed so hard one night that Mark actually got worried about me.

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home