Martha Who?

or...who really has it all, while keeping it all together?

Name:
Location: New England, United States

Saturday, December 31, 2005

RE: Blogging as Communication

I've really enjoyed reading my far-and-away friends' blogs this year. You know who you are -- college and post-college friends, old theatre buddies, and the like... in reading them I've been able to learn and understand what each are going through to some extent... things I would not have known if I had not been a lurker on their sites.

While I comment occasionally on other people's sites, it does occur to me that I can't even think of one time that I actually e-mailed or called any of them during the second half of this year.

Is it an upside or a downside of blogging that it makes me feel like we're in better touch? I err on the side of calling it an upside -- because although I'm not writing to everyone all of the time, I feel like I am because I know more about everyone than I have in years -- simply from tuning in to your sites. The downside is that I suppose this could easily qualify as stalking.

I resolve to be a better communicator in 2006. Hold me to it.

And for 2005, if you read this, please know that I have thought of, worried about, commiserated with, and celebrated each of you and feel now, as always, you are close to my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home