Martha Who?

or...who really has it all, while keeping it all together?

Name:
Location: New England, United States

Thursday, October 20, 2005

ISO: A Flux Capacitor

Tweakin' to pimp my RAV4 and searching for a Flux Capacitor.
A few places I'd like to visit once my ride is set:

*Five years from now -- just to see if I'll actually do anything of the things I'm thinking about doing now. It would be so much easier to take some big risks if I knew in advance how they would play out... but I suppose they wouldn't be risks, then, would they?

*The day we bought our piece of shit condo in Boston that we loved at the time but now can't even give away after six months of being listed in the bottom-ed out housing market.

*The day my daughter was born. For so many reasons, but mostly to better manage the events of the day, and to take more time within the chaos to appreciate the preciousness of that moment she and I will never have again.

*September 10, 2001. Just for a few minutes. To remember what it was like.

I asked my husband where he would go if we had Flux Capacitor, and he said "August 19, 2--- (our wedding day) over and over again."

Damn sap? or Good answer? ;)

Where would you go?


*anyone born before 1985 and worth 1.21 gigowatts of salt should know what a flux capacitor is.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bourgeois Deviant said...

I am with you on 9/10/2001. But I wonder if I would still be depressed over Bushie's election. Wedding days are a good site visit on the tour as well. Yours was so much fun!

The 1996-7 academic year and my honeymoon with the Mrs. would be the only other must stops on the Flux Capacitor tour. Oh, and when I was 7 and discovered the Marx Brothers for the first time. What a wonderful night.

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I know you wrote this like, a year ago, but the first thing that came to mind was: I'd go back to any of the times I hurt you or said bad things...so we wouldn't have ever had to "divorce." =) But, at least the alimony payments aren't bad.

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home