Martha Who?

or...who really has it all, while keeping it all together?

Name:
Location: New England, United States

Monday, September 19, 2005

Mock (yeah) ing (yeah) bird (yeah)...

A One-Scene Play:

Setting - inside the car, on the road coming home from a restaurant. Circa three hours ago.

Car screeches to a halt at a crosswalk.

WIFE (exasperated)
You are going to kill a pedestrian one of these days.

HUSBAND (sarcastically)
I know. I suck.

brief pause

18 MONTH OLD DAUGHTER (triumphantly raising her pacifier in the air, a la Rocky Balboa, from carseat in the back)
I-I-I-I-I-I suck!
I SUCK!
I suck!


CURTAIN

1 Comments:

Blogger Bourgeois Deviant said...

New break pads: $60
Traction for whiplash: $150
Two more syllables in your child's vocabulary: Priceless.

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home